11.27.2006

A Note On One of The Links Re: The Jewish Holocaust

On one of the links tonight, I found an article posted that - while it does not state the holocaust did not occur - notes that historical references prior to 1945 are non-existent.

Now, long-time readers know I not only believe the Holocaust was real, I believe it was criminal that the Catholic Church, the United States, and others aware of what was going on did not acknowledge it. We're seeing the criminal negligence in Darfur now and in Rwanda not a full decade ago.

Beyond my belief is that I've interviewed two ranking Nazis who came to this country after the Nuremburg trials. If anyone should deny the Holocaust, it would have been these two officers. They hardly denied it.

Also beyond my own beliefs is the stories I have heard from those who survived who either barely escaped Europe, survived the death camps, or were already here in the U.S. or elsewhere but had family members in Auschwitz or Treblinka or other camps. One of them was a neighbor of mine before she took her life, the numbers still stenciled on her arms.

So no, you won't find me defending any who denies that such horrible atrocities occurred in Germany and Poland and elsewhere. If anything, I'm just sorry to realize that these atrocities were not limited to the Nazis and Jews; there is what we did to Dresden and Tokyo with the fire bombing, and to Hiroshima and Nagasaki with "Fat Man and Little Boy" bombs. Beyond the U.S.'s own culpability, there's the Belgium "creation" of Hotus vs. Tutsis in Rwanda, ad infinitum.

I just hope and pray that I will not have to add Iraq to the list of atrocities committed in the name of "democracy" and "freedom".