11.07.2006

Well, Voting Day Is Off To a Rousing Start!

Although I kept my pledge not to blog any more last night, I happened to read until about 5 this morning which would have been slightly OK if not for the fact that before 7 am, dogs everywhere are barking and there was this really loud pounding on a downstairs door we never use.

I creep out of bed and look through my half moon picture window to see this honking huge official looking car with lights and accessories engaged. Now, my house sits back a half mile or so from the road along a winding private entrance to the driveway so it's kinda hard to just accidentally come here.

So I step up onto my window to see if I can see who's knocking.

Oh, goodie. It's a cop! A large one. Granted, some might find him attractive but - I dunno - uniforms do nothing for me.

Now I'm just awake enough to start going through my list of relative recent transgressions. But man, I haven't even been late returning my library books!

Was it what I said about Governor Douglas last night? Or about IP's tire burn?

That call I made to Rove's office? Or the slightly snarkier one to the RNC to denounce their miserable, misbegotten robo calls to infuriate independent and Dem voters?

Thankfully, there are only 20 stairs from the bedroom to the solarium so I didn't have time to work up a full head of paranoia before I answered the door (albeit in my pjs - I don't do robes).

And then? It wasn't even anything interesting.

In fact, all it did was give me a vague migraine yet got me to work a couple hours early. ::yawn::

Hope your voting day is even less interesting.