11.09.2006

For Republicans In Need of Some Pain Relief After Tuesday's Election, Beware!

I'd love to think Karl Rove has a bloody body-shaking migraine right now. But if he - or any other GOPer - needs some pain relief, they would do well to avoid taking acetominophen, the generic form of Tylenol.

Some 11 million bottles of the stuff in caplet form manufactured by Perrigo but often sold under generic and store-brand labels have been recalled. The danger is that these caplets may contain tiny metal fragments. Check the manufacturing information on the bottle/box.

However, I have to admit I took some last night (by accident, thought they were ibuprofen) which appears to be Perrigo-made. The only reaction for me was intense abdominal discomfort, but that happens whenever I take Tylenol in original or generic form. That last part is rather ironic since one of the big reasons for Tylenol's success has been that it causes less stomach problems than aspirin and other such pain relievers.