11.06.2006

More On Suicide of Army Soldier Alyssa Peterson Disturbed Over Nature of Iraqi Interrogations

I mentioned the case of this soldier, a young woman from Utah, last week after hearing about it on Democracy Now. I noted the article written in Editor&Publisher magazine by Greg Mitchell, who has been a stalwart, No-Koolaid journalist throughout the Bush wars (Afghanistan, Terror, Iraq, on public schools and health care, on the Middle Class, on anyone with a brain... I could go on).

At the time, I mentioned my concern that Peterson's death was not a suicide. After Pat Tillman, et al, how do we trust anything Rumsfeld's Pentagon releases? But concern is not overwhelming evidence.

Greg follows up this week with more details about Ms. Peterson's death that I believe is an important read.