11.07.2006

Predictions

Anyone care to offer some about what we'll see by this time tomorrow related to mid-term elections?

I've got a few predictions and not all of them make me happy. Love to hear some of yours, too.

  1. It will be early morning Wednesday before we have any great wisdom about where Capitol Hill majority lands.
  2. In fact, the last news you hear tonight about #1 will likely be contradicted when you wake up tomorrow.
  3. There will be upsets - as in Florida in 2000 and Ohio in 2004 - which deliver totally inexplicable results in some areas; each time, it will favor the Republican candidate. For example, Ricky Santorum may win in Pennsylvania where no self-respecting dog (I mean, Ricky is obsessed with bestiality! I've never heard anyone but him go on about it so loudly, so often) would vote for him.
  4. Nothing will be done to properly investigate the problems related to #2 and #3.
  5. Locally, I do expect Douglas (ugh) to retain the Vermont gubernatorial race, Dubie (dubie doo) as try-to-find-him-I-dare-you lt. governor, Bernie Sanders to U.S. Senate, Peter Welch (please - I've prayed to every god I know including Gu, the God of science fiction) for U.S. House.