11.11.2006

Senators Allen and Santorum: Taking Their Defeat Like Men

Think Progress gives us a glimpse into the dynamism and the breathtaking maturity, not to mention the progressive brilliance of two losers err.. winners (yeah, real winners), Virginia's George Allen and Penisyl...Pennsylvania's Rick Santorum.

First, George ("OK, how am I supposed to wear this yarmulke anyway? And do they come in yellow or NASCAR colors?") Allen:

Now, Rick ("The Dick") Santorum:
    In defeat, Santorum is clear and to the point.
    From Rick Santorum’s farewell letter: “And I did, and I’m very proud of that. I do not rescind a word because those words are words that this country was not receptive to hear tonight. But, they are going to continue to hear those words from me and I assure you from many others as that threat become my clear, and hopefully our country is called to action to stop that threat before it becomes too serious of a threat to the future of our country.”