1.27.2004

Oy vey!

I've reached a time in my life when I feel great sympathy for Martha Stewart.

From what little evidence from both sides presented through the press in the year or so leading up to this, I think they went after Martha just to show they could get tough on Wall Street. But what she did affected no one like the cases where brokers and such screwed people just for their own profit. The only way Martha's case affected her own investors was AFTER the government went after her and made her sound like Dillinger tied in a raffia bow. The main basis of the Feds case right now is that she lied when she told people she wasn't guilty.

If the Feds are going to prosecute people for people believing in their own innocence, I've got an incredibly long list of more worthy candidates. I bet you do, too.

I miss being able to ridicule Martha, even though I must say that my rugulah is much better since I watched her show. For an English-Irish-Native American girl whose roots in the US date back to Plymouth Rock (and before on the native American side), I make a nice rugulah.

Thank you, Martha. Now beat them in court so I can go back to making fun of you for your perfect place settings.