1.27.2004

Mixed Prelim Results

Depending on where I turn or browse, the early NH primary predictions say either Dean or Kerry as strongest, with Clark possibly in third.

What happened to the Joe-mentum? That was cruel, I know. I don't even happen to believe Lieberman's a bad guy or only out for himself. But while he seemed acceptable as a VP candidate before 9-11, Joe the person - not his religion, not that he's a Connecticut Democrat (which is something like GOP-lite), not that he seems like the "before" picture in an iron poor blood ad campaign - is not who I want as top woof.

His post-911 behavior makes me wonder how he would have handled 9-11, and I'm not sure it's more than 50% better than Bush handled it. That to me is not enough, considering how America is hurting and how we've made lots of other places hurt, too. Lieberman would handle diplomacy better, however, I'll grant him that and he's certainly far more intelligent than I perceive Mr. Bush to be (and I mean that far more favorably than it sounds considering I now wonder if Jessica Simpson or GW is more astute - there are other similarities between them as well, but I digress).

Another 25 minutes to the end of voting in the places in NH still open. I need to grow nails so I can bite them.