1.31.2004

And another point...

Compare Judy Dean with this woman, oft ridiculed by a number of different blogs and many different people. Here's a woman who clearly got her job probably because of her well-placed husband's connection and when she finds time to actually do that job (write), she fills space with every bit of sad, schizoid minutae from raising four children (including a son she named Paris - I thought only Michael Jackson did that).

Here's a woman who would hate Judy Dean for no more reason than Mrs. Dean/Dr. Steinberg can balance thoughts in her head, a busy medical practice, being a mother, and making a sacrifice for more than herself.

I assume NRO only prints Ms. Gurdon because they want to point out how shallow a woman's life is supposed to be. But if I want one-dimensional human beings, I can turn on the TV. I choose not to, however.

Give me Judy Steinberg Dean in 3-D instead.