1.26.2004

Don't miss

Media Whores Online today. There's some nice material, including (perhaps finally!) someone questioning Howard Kurtz's (Washington Post and CNN's Reliable Sources) ethics. His wife is a major GOP media consultant who was intimately involved with Schwarzenegger and yet, while Kurtz often spewed glowingly about The Arnold, he rarely brought up his wife's affiliation.

I used to like Kurtz. I did. But the last three years, I've noticed real changes. Now, I'm assuming his marriage or her position didn't happen during this time period, so I'm not certain whether I misread him before, he actually changed from a more honest news professional, or some third issue has occurred.

But watching him host "Reliable Sources" has become almost undigestable for me, especially the past two years. It seems like a sad, twisted mockery of the very title of the show.