4.14.2005

Weird, Secret Republican Drugs

The Liberal Avenger - another new find, thank you veddy much - was speculating on the above-referenced topic with regard to "Revelations", that wacky mini-series appearing in the West Wing time slot on NBC [Note: I corrected this after incorrectly typing "MSNBC"].

But it - and my desire to avoid finalizing my tax forms - made me wonder exactly what weird and secret drugs Republicans would take? I mean, Rush seemed to like serious painkillers in doses measured by the pound.

It also made me think. I know the right loves to paint Democrats, liberals, and progressives (all of which can be mutually exclusive) as wild-eyed pot smokers. Funny things to note here are:

    1) that most of the liberals I know don't indulge in any drugs (beyond coffee and the occasional glass of wine or something) although some may have done some pot in their youth
    2) but among old Republican friends, they were the very serious druggies who are more likely to abuse one or more substances (not all legal) in adulthood. To wash down the Koolaid? I dunno.