4.16.2005

Karlo Discusses WalMart

Here.

I'm finding myself in the position of needing to buy some things, but the only store left around closer than 50 miles who doesn't just sell expensive socks (for example) by the pair only is WalMart. But I won't shop there. I refused to go in one earlier this year when a friend called to announce one of my books was on prominent display there (why? because I know about all the books that will never be sold at WalMart). While I admit a secret thrill when I go in somewhere and find something I produced on sale, I just couldn't go there.

So at some point, when my socks disintegrate, I'll take a very long drive.

Yes, I could buy online. But I've been trying to shop a) more locally and b) more blue. And all I want - well, not all - are things like socks.