4.12.2005

Byron York and the "Vast Left Wing Conspiracy"

Having watched The National Review's Mr. York "in action" several times as a pundit, I've just got one question: how long has he been out of the sexual orientation closet?

No, I'm not joking. Nor am I merely being snarky because of his habit of deliberating misquoting people for his own ends as he did with the DailyKos last night on "The Daily Show with Jon Stewart".

Since he often discusses morality and "agendae", and we're all sick to death of those with raffia-covered houses throwing nuclear boulders and then screaming when paper airplanes are lobbed back (waving to Michelle Malkin and Annie Coulter who are famous for this technique), I think it's time Mr. York came out of the closet as yet another self-hating homosexual male intent on making sure that nearly everyone else is as miserable as he perceives himself to be.

At this point, I'm far more worried about the underlying self-hating [insert one of many categories here] agenda operating in politics today than I am about any of the so-called "moral" causes these people champion against. One thing the world needs less of is more Roy Cohns and J Edgars.

[Ed. note: If I just wanted to be snarky, I'd point out that Byron makes Tucker Carlson and Andrew Sullivan seem macho.]