8.17.2006

With Combat-Based Brain Injuries, the Bushies Want to Cut Funding For Soldiers Who Suffer From It

Lord love a duck (it's my high school saying to avoid the use of the F* (that's fuck, to normal people - would you believe I never said the word fuck until I was out of college? Now I'm making up for time lost, I suppose) word. Posted at My Left Wing:

There are times when less words, say more. Perhaps, the proper axiom is “Nobody does, or says it better,” than Paul Rieckhoff, Executive Director of Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America. I know not which statement is most fitting. However, I trust there is little I can say to introduce this request. Please stop Congress; they plan to reduce the funding for veterans brain injury treatment.

Rarely can we act [express love] and react [articulate fear and pain] simultaneously. This is a unique opportunity. We, the people, have the power to do each with a single click.
Never has an administration tried to benefit MORE from the military while simultaneously knifing these same young men and woman in the back and anus.

Traumatic brain injury is a most terrible thing and destroys many lives (and not just of those who suffer it but also those who live with and care for the sufferers). Mr. Bush and Congress just *might* realize that if they only had brains!