8.16.2006

Let Me Mention Marc Estrin

My partner, John, brought home a book a couple of weeks ago from one of my favorite book stores, "Black Sheep Books" in Montpelier. That book just happened to be "Insect Dreams" which, although it stands marvelously by itself, also takes to a whole different level what might have happened if Gregor Samsa, the man-turned-cockroach in Kafka's Metamorphosis, had not only lived, but also migrated to the U.S.

The author of the book is Marc Estrin, a fellow Vermont resident, an author, and an activist (find his site here). While we haven't yet finished the book (it's a book we read together at bed time or whenever we can steal a few moments), I definitely recommend it.

I also happened to catch Marc at a protest in Burlington the other day, as presented on WCAX-TV news. I definitely want to learn more about him and perhaps get the chance to talk together someday. In the meanwhile, you can also catch his blog here.