8.13.2006

Howie's a Putz...er... Howard Kurtz on CNN's "Reliable Sources

I made the mistake of watching the above-referenced CNN program this morning in which Kurtz (I suspect he also answers to Putz) wanted to talk about a freelance photojournalist for Reuters who "doctored" images of Lebanon. His guests for this segment were Charles Johnson of Little Green Snotules... Footballs and Arianna Huffington of Huffington Post.

You won't get a bit of argument from me that pictures - and news stories - should NOT be doctored. But the picture Kurtz showed looked really no more horrific in doctored format than before. Indeed, the photos out of Lebanon have been so horrific, why would you need to doctor them?

But Arianna tried to make an important point that Putz paid zero attention toward: that CNN's own Chuck Roberts had - out of the blue - implied "some people would call Ned Lamont the al Qaeda candidate". Nope, Putz wasn't interested in a derogative slur like that. He just wanted to make his point that Hezbollah in Lebanon is so great that they have business cards, a media department, and who knows... maybe they do have American candidates. ::rolling eyes::

I'm sure Howard has no ponies in this show. But then, I'm also sure I'm very tall for a person of my height and that I'll become a millionaire any day now! ::snortle::