8.16.2006

The Rachel Corrie Story Goes Local!

I saw this posted by Jack at Green Mountain Daily and I am thrilled! I have wanted to see this presentation and here it comes to my own backyard (literally):

You may remember the story of Rachel Corrie. She was the young peace activist who was killed in the Gaza Strip in 2003, killed by an Israeli army bulldozer while trying to prevent the demolition of Palestinian homes.

They wrote a play about her life, based on her writings, and it was very successful over in London, so successful that they were going to bring it over here and present it at the New York Theater Festival. The problem was that the theater was afraid of the reaction they would get, so they pulled the plug on the production.

Now, what you couldn't see in New York you can see here in Vermont. The Unadilla Theatre in Marshfield is presenting it for two weeks, starting tonight.
I will be calling for tickets tomorrow. Thank you very much, Jack!