8.31.2006

Say hello to...

Afromix where a blog in Somalia (sorry, I think that anyone able to blog in a place like Somalia is waaay cool considering how tough life there can be) linked to one of my posts (which just happened to mention the much-needed spanking of our "president", George W. Bush).

Although my blog is not promoted (by choice), I enjoy everytime I see people from new countries drop by, including in the past several weeks visitors from Iran, Uzbekistan, this one in Somalia, some fairly far flung places in China (which usually needs a gateway to access here which I assume has to do with restrictions in place), and deep into Central and South America, to name but a few. Most of Europe and Canada are regulars.

While I'm not sure any of us can "completely" trust our political leaders, I like to believe that, as individuals, perhaps we can reach across continents and oceans and arrive at a meeting of minds that the motivations of our leaders would otherwise prevent. I'm thrilled every time someone sends a comment or email saying, "Wow... not every American thinks like Bush."

(As an American, I am not at ALL certain Mr. Bush can think.)