8.30.2006

Martha Rainville, GOP Candidate for Bernie Sanders' Opening U.S. House Seat

As regulars know, I am not a Democrat or a Republican. I made this decision when I knew at 18 I would become a journalist and felt it was not right to adopt a partisan view. My vote - on good old Vermont paper ballot - is always a real mix-up between parties.

I actually rather like Martha Rainville, the former head of Vermont National Guard, who runs as the GOP candidate for Vermont's SINGLE U.S. House seat. I believe Peter Welch (Dem) will get my vote, but Martha has not thrown the slime and scum that her GOP colleague Rich Tarrant has done toward Bernie Sanders in the U.S. Senate race.

Tarrant would not get my vote if he held a gun to my head. His primary residence was NOT in Vermont when he started running for this state. He sold his medical billing firm for mega-mega-mega bucks to a division of (get this): General Electric ("We bring bad wars to life!"). But even if I did not know the rest of it, if I only went by Tarrant's campaign lit, he would not get my vote. He's another privileged Bushie piece of crap. He would be very BAD for the people of Vermont.

I can only hope Jim Douglas loses the vote for governor, but I doubt it. He got the majority of votes from both parties two years ago. While he hasn't been horrendously horrible, he IS a Bushie through-and-through, by his own campaign work for Bush.