5.11.2005

Watch DC Run!

Not getting to sleep until dawn had me awaking this morning to D.C. "running for their lives" because - with CNN's excited hyperbole - a tiny, single engine plane was "threatening America".

As I watched, pretty unconcerned I must add, I kept thinking: these people will have reason to run if America as a whole ever decides to hold them to account for what they've done against the "freedom" and "democracy" and the "dreams of the American people" they so often cite in their lofty speeches. God help them if the day of reckoning comes.

And no, I don't mean because Americans take to pint-size planes and buzz the Capitol dome. I mean because Americans arrive in D.C. en masse and tell them to get the hell out of their buildings and that the police will be there to take these players to jail awaiting prosecution.