5.13.2005

So Much for Wishful Thinking

Even knowing better than to do so, I found myself engaged in some wishful thinking that somehow, Friday the 13th would be magical. Oh no, not in the "just won 500 gazillion in the lottery" sense, but that somehow, something really askew would turn around.

Alas, though, Friday the 13th was just a day. A day, however, in which I broke a dozen eggs (by accident) all over the carpeted part of the kitchen, screwed up a phone call, ran late on a chapter, twisted my ankle hiking, managed to get three different results balancing my checkbook, and got really steamed reading about the "nuclear option" and the base closings and hearing about the silliness in DC on Wednesday. In other words, it was just another day.

But hey.. there was no Rapture either. There's one good thing. ::smirk::

Anyone else have any Fri.13 stories to share before it becomes Saturday the 14th?