6.15.2004

McCain

Sorry, I don't see John McCain as the answer for the Democrats. While Senator McCain has many strong points and he served his country, he's too much of a loose cannon.

Remember, we're just one pretzel choke or serious bicycle fall away from having Dick Cheney as president now. What happens if Kerry wins, happens to drop dead, and we're left with McCain as top dog.

Sure, there are worse possibilities, but Democrats should be able to find an acceptable candidate from within their own party. Were McCain not a Republican (i.e., an Independent even), I might not have such an issue.

Frankly, however, none of the VP candidates inspire me. Edwards speaks well. Clark has good points. Bill Richardson I'd have some issues with because of the way he headed the DoE. Dick Gephardt's something of a dead horse. But none, when added to Kerry, fire me up for the November election.