6.13.2004

The Cicadas Are Gone? What About the Snakes?

Max tells us the cicadas are gone except for carcasses (and you must see his accompanying picture - REALLY).

But what about me? We got no cicadas here.

Instead, I have snakes. Lots and lots and lots of snakes. No, I don't mean wingnuts and Bush's people, I mean the actual kind - different shapes, colors, and level of boldness. Unfortunately, some of them appear to be very pregnant (or they've just eaten Rush Limbaugh). I've gotten so I don't want to walk outside because they're everywhere (though it's certainly curbed my tendency to go outdoors barefoot): on the guest house porch, by the front door, along the path, in the garden, on my shoe...

Seriously, I'll trade you dozens of snakes for a thousand or two cicada. That's a great deal, really. Just send me your mailing address. Short of that, I may send them down to Washington so Bush can help staff his second term cabinet.

Oh wait... if you want the snakes, you'll actually need to come here and pick them up yourselves. And this offer does not apply if you think Rush Limbaugh is a god because I can only imagine where you would place them. I hate to discriminate but sometimes, you just have to be responsible.