6.15.2004

Laci Peterson, CNN, and Court TV's Nancy Grace

I've managed to avoid the destraction of the trial for Laci Peterson's husband (she was found dead along with her newborn baby last year) but tonight, I got stuck watching Larry King, which reminded me once again that former prosecutor and current cracker (and I don't mean Ritz) CourtTV host Nancy Grace has never met a suspect she didn't know was guilty or a man she doesn't hate.

Just look at the faces she makes as she talks. There is nothing classy about this woman. The only pleasure I take in her is that she's no longer prosecuting cases where there's supposed to be the presumption of innocence. I just wish we weren't exposed to her negativity whenever there's any legal case considered on CNN.

Now, this is no reflection on Scott Peterson or this particular case. I have no idea if he's guilty. But with Nancy, she convicts everyone right out of the gate. Beyond that, she's obnoxious, self-righteous, and just plain crude and mean. Her type of prosecutor is someone who decides immediately that the suspect is guilty then does everything she can to prove it, never letting facts get in the way.

Come to think of it, the so-called "Amazing" Grace is so detestable that Tom DeLay might want to consider marrying her when he follows that great Congressional tradition of dumping the first wife who helped him advance. Before Court TV, the only TV show that would have this woman (and I use the term loosely) as a guest was Geraldo, which tells you something right there.