2.10.2004

When the Bush Admin Said

there would be 2.6 million new jobs before the end of this year, I guess they didn't mean American jobs. Read this Los Angeles Times article headlined, "Bush Supports Shift of Jobs Overseas."

Not only that, Mr. Bush's report says it will ultimately be a great thing for us.

If I could think of a country I truly despised, I'd be happy to consider shifting Mr. Bush's job overseas. But I don't hate any place that much.

Seriously, however, this echoes many of the articles I've read on the issue in the foreign press, where Bush Admin officials are actively working in other countries to help American corporations move their jobs. Such officials have said some truly disturbing things, such as, "Americans don't have any special rights to these jobs. They can learn how to do something else."