2.09.2004

Remember Seth Dvorin and the many like him...

This is an exceptionally touching letter from the father of a fallen GI asking Mr. Bush where the WMD are.

At the end of the day, this is always what bothers me most. I can cope with wrong intel. I can deal with politicization of the intelligence to justify the war (so long as we remove the people who did it). I can handle the idea of the debt we carry as a result of all this unnecessary nonsense.

What bothers me in bed at night, when the house is quiet and my family is sleeping, is that humans like Seth and the hundreds like him in our military and the forces of the supporting coalitions, and thousands of citizens in Iraq and Afghanistan, have died in utter vain for companies like Halliburton, Bechtel, and the Carlisle Group's investment portfolio.