2.14.2004

The Sole Voice to Substantiate Bush

In between nursing a very sick cat, I caught some of an interview (I believe it was MSNBC) conducted with Bill Calhoun, the one person who says he remembers seeing Bush on duty in Alabama.

Yet, as mostly other blogs have pointed out, his memory doesn't fit what is known about when Bush was supposedly in Alabama. He has Bush there far more frequently and... strangely.. voraciously reading flight manuals to study. I've never heard anyone describe Bush as a voracious reader or student. In fact, Mr. Bush's thirst for knowledge seems to be confined to the microscopic head of a pin.

But that aside, let me mention something. I was so busy with the cat that I at first missed what the interview was about. What I noted was that there was this man on TV, with clearly dyed auburn hair, wearing a red white and blue shirt, looking and sounding very evasive despite the fact that the interviewer was hardly asking hardball questions. Then I realized who I was watching and the subject being discussed.

I'm sure it's just a coincidence that Calhoun is in Florida to see the Daytona 500 when it's been widely reported that the prez will also be there. Want to bet Calhoun gets a good seat?

But if this man is supposed to be the missing link to sew up the case for Bush being in Alabama to serve when he should have been, wow... not good. A psychologist would make minced meat out of the man's body language, his facial expressions, and his manner of speaking. Nothing about him rang true. As I mentioned, the interview only got my attention away from the cat because there seemed to be something so odd about his overall demeanor and the way he answered questions. I came away with the distinct impression that he came up with this story and now he finds himself way in over his depth.