5.20.2005

Life is Just Plain Too Interesting Sometimes

I had a rather excellent interview today for a job that is perfect for me. I have a tendency to get off track in interviews and then suffer from pressure of speech. Today's, however, went marvelously.

Only now, sitting here considering the position, did it really hit me that if I say yes, I have to move 3,000 miles away from the New England I have lived in since birth. Oh, the pay would be definitely worth it and the position would be marvelous (yes, 20 hour days 10 days a week but that's nothing new for me).

But leaving my New England?

No, this isn't the same position I indicated I was going for elsewhere; haven't heard from them (and that's sad, because I think I'd be an excellent addition for them and no, I don't say that unless I really think that's the case). So I'll engage in some magical thinking that - as too often happens - I'll get offered that one, too. The pay is less for that position, but it would be worth it to do something that I feel would make a real difference. Oh dear, there's my non-materialist nature showing again.