5.18.2005

Have I Mentioned Inhofe of Oklahoma is an Ass?

Well, I was wrong. An ass is useful whenever you need to poop or sit.

Inhofe is nowhere near that useful.

I was just watching him on CSPAN. Just citing statistics - and from what I've seen from most polls, citing wildly erroneous statistics - is only so useful when you stop to think that a few centuries ago, the majority of people thought the world was flat, that witches are everywhere and demons responsible for all dreams. Also, just having these judges elected by a majority of the people in some states only means so much; I can think of any number of politicians who could not get elected outside their own state. These judges aren't going to sit on state courts but in federal ones.

Then, to boot, Inhofe delivers all this in a soft monotone.