3.26.2005

Scary Stuff

Oliver Willis has the story about another man - separate from the one soliciting Michael Schiavo's and Judge Greer's death - who tried to steal a gun from a gun store because "something had to be done" about poor Terri Schiavo being killed.

Yes, the man is so firm in his religious zeal that he not only had to break that really BIG commandment (kill), he had to break another one by stealing because - God forbid - you wouldn't want him giving up the case of beer for the weekend or the "I HEART GOD BY KILLING JUDGES" t-shirt they have on sale down at the Wal-Mart.

Judge Greer, in the meantime, has been forced to resign from his Southern Baptist Church and now must move about with a phalanx of bodyguards.

Uh... these are the folks we're told re-elected Mr. Bush last November. These people vote? I'm not sure I want them in the gene pool. Wait. I am sure. I do NOT want them in the gene pool I don't want them near a public pool either.

Wait.. now there's a good criterion for preserving the sanctity of marriage:

    You can't get married unless you can a) spell chromosome and b) can prove that your idea of the culture of life doesn't start with killing everyone who doesn't agree with you.
And if that passes, I've got a far more rigorous requirement before you can have children. I mean, if they want to tell a woman what to do with her body, I only think it's right we tell these assholes whether they're allowed to use theirs.