3.21.2005

My Heart Bleeds

From Sludge..er...Grudge...no no Fudge... ah shit... Drudge (and no, I do not link to Drudge) and provided by reader CK:

PLAYGIRL editor-in-chief Michele Zipp has been stripped of her duties after she revealed how she voted Republican in the 2004 election.

Zipp, in an e-mail, claims she was fired after an onslaught of liberal backlash.

"Hello Drudge,

"After your coverage of my article about coming out and voting Republican, I did receive many letters of support from fellow Republican voters, but it was not without repercussions. Criticism from the liberal left ensued. A few days after the onslaught of liberal backlash, I was released from my duties at Playgirl magazine.

"After underlings expressed their disinterest of working for an outed Republican editor, I have a strong suspicion that my position was no longer valued by Playgirl executives. I also received a phone call from a leading official from Playgirl magazine, in which he stated with a laugh, "I wouldn't have hired you if I knew you were a Republican.

"I just wanted to let you know of the fear the liberal left has about a woman with power possessing Republican views."
Uh.. based on her e-mail and writing style, I suspect the woman's lack of talent may have had more to do with her release than her politics.

But you could tell she was Repug because of the sneering way she said "Underlings".

In other words, this is a woman who's making up a story. Perhaps she thinks Weekly Standard or Faux will hire her if she cries on Matt's oh so sympathetic, oh so manly, oh so greasy shoulder.