3.21.2005

Just Too Many Good Places (If Only Life Would Offer More Such Problems)

BTW, this reminds me how many good sites I see around these days. I fell in love with online analysis of issues back when Media Whores Online was active but while I'm constantly checking new sites, I found that there were a dozen I "tried" to get to every day and those same dozen didn't change much (except as some like Counterspin, Media Whores, and others stopped blogging).

But just in the last week or two, I've found so many others, including several very savvy women (not that I - unlike Kevin Drum - ever felt a dirth of them - wink, wink, wink) I hadn't heard from before. DC Media Girl is one. Jesse Taylor's "fellow" female blogger at Pandagon is another along with Cookie Jill at Skippy's.

The Carpetbagger Report - not a woman-driven blog - is another great find that several of us seemed to discover all at once, and I loved my visit to Discourse.net yesterday and a bunch of others I'd never seen before.

Of course, there was also My Foot Your Ass that seems to have a particular um..er..uh... fondness for Ana Marie Cox of Wonkette:In the ass fucking capital of the world Ana Marie Cox was spotted at the Wired’s Rave awards. No word on how many drinks it took to get Ms. Juicy Ass wired (did she just bring her own bottlebag?) or whose dick she had to suck to get invited. Anyone have any pictures? Preferable with her fully clothed but smashed.It reminded me that I used to avoid Wonkette like the plague because it always struck me that there were far more serious things to worry about. But I have to admit that site's ended up on my "visit once a week" list. In between a lot of snark, there is some meat. But I still enjoyed Screaming Mimi's (one of the bloggers at My Foot, Your Ass) take.

I've got to figure out how to manage my links better because I swear I've found a good 100 more blogs/info sites this past week I want to include. And many of you - including Craig (The Intense Inane whose link I can't find right now) and other regular readers - have great blogs that aren't inherently political but are every bit as enjoyable.