8.06.2004

Those Seven Minutes Mr. Bush Sat There

Now everyone is up in arms because John Kerry dared to suggest that had he been president on 9-11-01, he would not have sat through seven minutes of "My Pet Goat" with the kids after learning the second tower had been struck.

What is wrong with people? It's actually WRONG to admit that sitting there, doing nothing, was a really dumbshit thing for the president to do that day? I keep hearing that Mr. Bush was waiting for his people to tell him what do to. OK, but he's the [bleeping] president. Does he have to wait until someone tells him what to do?

I have no desire to be president. Hell, I don't think I'd be a good one. But I sure as hell would not have sat there. Would you? And, knowing that, would you say it's wrong to question that the leader of the free world DID?