8.05.2004

Bush's Swift Boat Vet Ads Lie - Why?

It's now been determined that NONE of the veterans appearing in the Swift Boat vets ad calling Kerry bad (in an ad in support of Bush) and untruthful ever served with Mr. Kerry except to the extend that they were in the same war: Vietnam.

The men IN that swift boat with Kerry all support Kerry, the only exception being the one who is deceased.

These other vets, the one in the ads, make statements that cannot be proven (or, when they can be proven, they can be proven against the story these vets state). One says he was there in the boat with Kerry and he was not. Another claims to have treated Kerry only his name appears on NO medical records for the injury that got Kerry his first purple heart.

I've been caught in a lot of tough situations in my life, but I'd sure like to think that when the chips were this important, I wouldn't let partisan hatred force me to lie.