8.10.2006

Today's Air Terror Plot? It Stinks of Bush-Blair Slight-of-Hand

Wow. A day after the fallout from Tuesday's Connecticut primary and the hype of Oliver Stone's "World Trade Center" release, the day BEFORE the one month anniversary of September 11th (and in the last few months, we had a similar "big terror plot" served up on a month-versary of 9-11).

And Bush's words? "We're at war with Islamic fascists who want to destroy us... for our freedom." Yeah? What freedom would that be? Bush and Cheney have taken it all away, with help from a hugely gullible American media and public.

Forgive me: haven't we determined that it is not simply Muslims who might dislike us? I mean, most of the rest of the world HATES us now. Bush is right back to "crusade" again ... interesting, considering that I've read that a lot of the American population believes Lebanon is a big Muslim state (when I believe Christians predominate) and that's why Israel fears them so.

I'm sorry. These people cry wolf anytime they don't like what the media talk about or how the American people are feeling - and a lot of them have BIG questions.

So color me pretty cynical about this nonsense.