8.04.2006

Israeli Defense Forces and "Israel's Lost Moment"

In my earlier post, I referenced Patrick Lang, very connected within Washington and one of the best "authority" voices I've seen since 9/11 (his blog is here). In his piece, he referenced Charles Krauthammer's (the psychiatrist who proves shrinks can be complete and utter nutjobs) column in WaPo, "Israel's Lost Moment."

As I mentioned, this particular Krauthammer piece might be worth reading, just for the sub-text, if you get my drift.

You also may want to read Lang's piece in The Christian Science Monitor that analyzes the Israeli Defenses Forces (IDF) and asks if the IDF is "all they can be." While they've leveled massage amounts of damage in Lebanon, truly laying total waste to the infrastructure, I've been surprised at how badly they have performed. But let Lang tell you what he thinks.