7.13.2006

Hillary Clinton: Running Against People's Perceptions

From WaPo, but let me add what I've said before: I think Hillary Clinton is largely the choice of the GOP for 2008 Dem nominee. No offense, but if I wanted who the GOP would select, I'd vote for Giuliani or McCain (gag to both).

Hillary is too likely to sell Dems and left-of-Genghis Khan voters out for her own self interests. I also think the GOP would love to see a "cat fight" run-off between Condoleeza Rice and Hillary for president, which wouldn't be taken seriously, just as a side-note to the Good Old Boys Network.

If the Dems can't put up better than Hillary, God help 'em (though, as much as I had problems with many of his actions, I'd vote for Bill again in a heartbeat - but then, so would Poppy and Barbara Bush (guffaw)).