7.07.2004

Editors Nipping at My Heels

Sorry for the relatively light posting. I've got editors in search of proposals and revisions nipping at my heels. Editors are _always_ in a hurry on their end, but when you're the one waiting, molasses in Vermont in January moves far faster.

I'll probably post more tonight, although the mainstream media is paying attention to just three stories: 1) Kerry selecting Edwards (with the mainstreams jumping on all the GOP talking pts to demean the Dem ticket), 2) James Doohan of "Scottie"/Star Trek fame has Alzheimer's (I love him, I really do, and I couldn't be sorrier about his joint illnesses, but I'm amazed this is a top story today), and 3) When will Amber Frey testify in Scott Peterson's trial for the murder of his wife, Laci. In other words, there apparently is NO news. Have heard barely a peep about the Israeli look at the settlements, what it will mean for the formerly captive Marine now saying he's free in Lebanon (I have a terrible feeling that his horror is just beginning), about how the Britains are still raging about the war, Blair, and the BBC, as well as nothing about serious issues in Iraq.

Ah, well, so long as we can worry about the important things like Paris Hilton and Madonna.