5.06.2005

Jim Cabezel is Creepy

Surprisingly creepy for someone who doesn't seem all that bright. I was very surprised that he was chosen to play Jesus Christ whom, we have to think, probably was not a 7-watt bulb.

Everytime I see him, he really creeps me out. I'm not sure I'd trust children and puppies around him, nor anything that could start a fire. And it's not the whole Mel Gibson thing. I saw him once before I realized who he was and he bothered me so much that I listened only long enough to find out who he was so I could avoid him again. That stunned me! There have been some reasonably OK depictions of Christ on film and for them to choose this fellow really makes me wonder what Manic Oppressive Mel was thinking.

Right now, Cabezel makes a point of telling us how he had an audience with the Pope three times and no, he's not Catholic. Plus then he had to drop everything because the Vatican asked him to come to the Pope's funeral. Don't let me get started on the collusion I think has gone on between the White House and the Vatican.