4.01.2005

Has Anyone Heard CNN Address How They Reported the Pope dead at 2:30 PM...

and have now spent the last two hours telling us of the pontiff's worsening condition?

I would actually expect there to be at least a few hour delay in reporting the pope's death. So they may have called it right because advance word got out. Right now, everyone's busy doing their thing and then, at an appropriate time (once all the naughties are hidden or change hands), we'll get the word.

BTW, should I die precipitously, would you make certain somebody burns the beautiful small dark floral fabric box in my office next to the TV set? Burn without looking inside? Thank you.

[Ed note: It's not that the contents of said box are really that noteworthy and sadly, not that tawdy either. However, I feel like everyone should leave the earth leaving something behind that could confuse the hell out of its discoverers. But if I share this request with my partner, you just know he'll have to go look. Thankfully, he doesn't read my blog that often. He's also never read a single book I've written (I'm on #30 this year). That's OK. I don't read his Java code too often either. ::cough::]