10.06.2004

So the Feds Erase Al Qaeda tapes to save drive space???

You know, I was very ill with a respiratory infection combined with a problem wisdom tooth on Election Day 2000. After I voted, I came home with a raging fever spent the day on the couch (something I've done about twice in a decade). Middle of the night, while the vote debacle was getting started in earnest, I was so ill I wondered if I'd live. I remember praying to God, "Look if you have to take me, fine. But please, please don't leave my loved ones behind to live with the travesty of a Bush presidency."

Since then, I've wondered often if the past four years have been one long miserable "better have a bucket handy because the heaves come often" sickness.

Stories like this posted by Tom Burka at Opinions You Should Have that we're deleting al Qaeda evidence - some not even translated yet - to save hard drive space:

Three years after the Sept. 11 attacks, more than 120,000 hours of potentially valuable terrorism-related recordings have not yet been translated by linguists at the Federal Bureau of Investigation, and computer problems may have led the bureau to systematically erase some Qaeda recordings, according to a declassified summary of a Justice Department investigation that was released on Monday.