10.03.2004

Sharon Bush, the Crude Bush Dynasty, and 20/20

Almost none of the media outlets took note of Sharon Bush's appearance on ABC' 20/20 Friday night in a portrait that I swear sounds just like what Kitty Kelley wrote that Sharon Bush denied.

I actually very much believe that Barbara Bush is uber general in that family and probably more corrupt than any man. I used to respect her, but that facade began to crack a decade ago. The Barbara Bush I thought I knew wouldn't have inflicted Georgie upon us. And I think Georgie and the Bush Twins are a good example of Bush family values.

But I don't feel any sympathy for Sharon. This is a woman who was happy to go along with all this shit as long as she had the nice house and clothes and jewelry and trips. When she got dumped, suddenly, those values were all so bad! She reminds me of a number of women - the fictional Carmela Soprano included - who want grasp for sympathy for what they endure with one hand while they happily spend the blood money with the other. Political, rich, and mafia wives (or husbands) probably really aren't that far removed from one another.

Neil, Marvin, Jeb, and George are all the same fuckup. It's just ironic that the chief fuckup got to the White House, but he's certainly not the first to make Americans foot the bill for his greed and power frenzy.