10.03.2004

Is David Dreier or Isn't He?

According to BlogActive which cites a Raw Story article, David Dreier - a GOP congressman who's had his own buried deeply in Bush and The Arnold's butt - has been outed as a homosexual.

Now, before I bury myself deeply somewhere else (cough), my interest was piqued when I saw a post on Scoobie Davis with Scoobie explaining why he has not raised this particular issue. I happen to agree with him on that score.

Being a homosexual - contrary to the ultra right's position - is not wrong or a sinful choice. If Dreier's gay, that's fine. My only problem with this of course is that Dreier is yet another of the GOPers whose own homes aren't in order in so many other key ways who also tries to keep homosexuals from being recognized. He's been part of the "gays are killing straight marriage" crowd.

If it's true about Dreier (and I don't know that it is), it's bad not because he's gay but because he's another self-hating sadist and hypocrite who does what he wants and tells anyone else who tries to do it that they should be penalized. David? Meet Roy Cohn, J. Edgar Hoover and a few others of your ilk.