7.22.2004

Sandy Berger and the Missing Papers (Again)

Who leaked on Sandy?

Yesterday I was discussing with a friend whether the leak seemed more likely to be a Republican leak or a Democratic one (his view). The latter possibility is not as far-fetched as it might sound: the idea would be that some

I've thought from the beginning that this looked like a political leak from the Republican side. And, as I told my friend yesterday, I think subsequent events tend to strengthen that assumption.

Here's my take ...
For the rest of Josh Marshall's analysis, check here.Josh also highlights the fact that Bush is on record with regard to Berger as saying "this case is very serious and will be fully investigated by the Justice Department."

Remember how Bush was on the outed CIA agent? And lots of other matters? But THIS is serious. Sheesh.