7.23.2004

Feeling a Certain Apathy Towards the Pol Conventions?

I definitely am.

The primary season was cut short, we've already had the same two candidates for months now, we know the basic platforms (centrist and loony tunes), and all we're waiting for are the balloons and way too much red, white, and blue (fine colors, and I love my flag, but just showing the colors means precious little).

And the choice to move protestors at the GOP convention to outer Slobovia (aka Westside Highway) means that New Yorkers will all feel massively inconvenienced which will inspire anger which is exactly what I think the GOP-run city wanted. It's already made me reconsider whether I'll go to New York to protest, which I think is also the plan of the GOP. It's not that I mind inconvenience. It's that the Westside Highway is pretty far removed.