7.23.2004

The Sad Case of Lori Hacking, the Missing Pregnant Jogger

While I'm not going to spend much time on the topic, this case just sounds sad all around, from the husband lying about medical school to his admission to a psych ward (which I'm not going to render judgment upon because if someone I loved was missing, I'd be close to the edge myself) to the fact that we're in the fifth day since the young woman was last seen.

What I am, however, is really tired of everyone jumping to an opinion of guilt the second one of these high profile cases is born. OK, maybe I'm one of only 3 people left around who believes until "innocent until proven guilty", but I'd prefer that to the opposite viewpoint.

The older I get, the less I see the world as good guys and bad guys, and more as some extremes but with most people falling in the ballpark of otherwise reasonably ok human beings who can make some incredibly bad and hurtful decisions.

I hope somehow that the woman turns up alive.