10.20.2005

Saddam Trial - Part II

There was a lot that bothered me about what I saw and much of it smelled like something the Bushies cooked up as stagecraft.

Oh, there are undoubtedly many, many, many, many reasons to try this man - although I'd argue we should be turned closer to home in examining our own despot-in-chief - for an assortment of crimes. But our fingerprints - and American-made gas-the-Kurds canisters - are fucking all over some of Saddam's worst atrocities, up to and including Bush I getting Iraqis to rise up against Saddam only to hightail and leave those people to pay.

Has our government EVER cared about the Iraqis? FUCK NO. And we SOLD THEM THE GAS to ethnically cleanse the Kurds that we THEN USED AS THE JUSTIFICATION for both Iraqi wars. We BOMBED the hell out of stuff Halliburton and Bechtel (owners of Cheney and Rumsfeld, respectively) could overbill billions to poorly repair while paying slave wages to non-Americans.

I KNOW WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE BUT I DON'T GET HOW SO MANY OTHERS ARE BLISSFULLY BLIND TO IT!

A year before Dick Cheney became the VP candidate - he was the head of the selection committee for VP, as you recall; I've always wondered how toughly he interviewed himself - he was standing in the US Senate DEMANDING sanctions against Iraq be ended because Saddam was a defeated man and Halliburton wanted to do (even more than they were doing under cover of darkness) business with them.

So... I ask... do you think Saddam is the only one who belongs on trial?