5.25.2005

Voinovich Breaking Down in Tears During Bolton Discussion

Did anyone see that today? Evening news kept playing the video again and again.

I thought it was poignant and definitely not scripted. But I felt it wasn't just about Bolton being a disastrous choice - which he is, really - but also reflected the intense pressure the Ohio Republican has been placed under by trying to buck this administration.

Tears in politicians - at least I find - put me off. But I thought he seemed very human and not weak. Sometimes, I suppose, it's useful to remember they're human. Bolton's nomination has certainly moved me to angry tears (but then I'm one of those estrogen-prone she-bloggers Little Green Assholes Football Nazis warn you about and Kevin Drum would quote and link to if only the girls had something worthwhile to say ::sarcasm mode off::).