5.31.2005

The President's Bankrupt Political Capitol

Lambert at Corrente brings us a couple of good tidbits:

First:

Even WaPo seems to be catching on:
    Two days after winning reelection last fall, President Bush declared that he had earned plenty of "political capital, and now I intend to spend it." Six months later, according to Republicans and Democrats alike, his bank account has been significantly drained.


Then there's this, from his tire guy, a Vietnam vet who had a few choice words for our commander-in-disbelief:
Sheeeeit. If that motherfucker can be president, my goddam dog can be president, and look at the poor fucker--got hit by a car and hasn't been right since. I warned you, didn't I? Oh, that's right. You're a Kerry guy. Well, I tell ya, if you ever chug some bad whiskey and need to puke it up, just watch this bastard talk awhile. That shit'll come right up. And you're talking to a veteran. A real one. 'Course, then you'll want more whiskey.
I'll raise a toast to that vet and tire man, although it will have to be coffee.