5.29.2005

Lovely Weather

Yesterday, we finally got some warmup here, although the weather kept moving in and out of "the wrath of God is upon you!" colors in the sky. Today, trying to escape work briefly for some exercise, I decided to go hiking about while the rest of the family was off elsewhere. My timing was.. to say the least... interesting.

Can you get a concussion from hail? My head took such a pounding from not quite golf ball size hail that, in the time it took me to get home, my ears are still doing the "ringing in tin" thing, I've got a stereoscopic headache, and my scalp feels like it was tenderized by a hammer with nails.

Probably by the time I start the grill for dinner, I'll get hit with ball lightning. I've already had one experience with the stuff and I don't care for another.

I'm a very lucky person. But my particular brand of luck tends to fall into the "only one person in a hundred thousand ever gets this kind of life-threatening illness" and "WTF?!?!" and "did you do something in a past life to deserve this and if so, what, because the rest of us need to avoid it" variety.